Redplug has developed its own methods of installing Rockwool blown products as passive fire barriers on a range of projects. Many successful, retrofitted installations have been undertaken to help gain LABC approval where previously they had failed.
Ultimately, our solutions are not perceived to be a replacement to any of Rockwool’s existing fire barrier products but to be a complimentary and cost-effective solution which includes a logical, standardised, and practical solution to initiate a satisfactory and usable remedy. We have developed this solution to assist the refurbishment, change of use and cladding remediation sectors.
Redplug is undertaking a range of bespoke external envelope fire tests in conjunction with the Fire Prevention Association at their laboratories in the Cotswolds and substantiation reports should be available by early summer 2021. Our aim is to offer a turnkey, ISO 9001 quality management accredited service by early autumn 2021 but we already busy installing on a range of projects.
Redplug has completed a range of fire barrier installations and a non-exhaustive sample of successful projects has been included below which is in addition to a growing pipeline of orders for several blue-chip organisations:
- Fire spread through service shafts/voids – Whitworth Art Gallery – University of Manchester/ISG Group
- Fire spread through 140mm concrete/OSB cavity partition/party walls – Royal Wharf – Ballymore Group
- Fire spread through service shafts – Retail development – Charlotte Street, London – Bennett Construction
- Fire spread through steel door frames – 4th floor/underground machine room – Crossrail/Tottenham Court Road Station/Laing O’Rouke
- Fire spread filling of heat transfer void – Energy from Waste Facility – Devonport Dockyard – Plymouth CC – Massey Cladding Solutions/Bristol.
- Filling of 40m high ventilation shaft/cavity void – Mace/Crossrail – Hanover Square London.
- Fire barrier cavity fill, Pollard Const. Coates House, Nailsea. Avon.
- Cladding fill and fire barrier, Regent Hose, Basildon – London Green.
- Fire barrier cavity fill, Sheenlane Developments. Becketts and Caxton House, Ilford.
- Fire spread through 400mm brick/OSB cavity party walls – Student accommodation, Derby Rd, Nottingham – J A Ball Const.
- Fire barrier cavity fill, Sheenlane Developments. Quadrant House, Redhill. Surrey.
- Fire barrier/Column, void filling to cladding/columns, Skanska. St Giles, Denmark Street London.
- Fire barrier cavity fill/12 Storey building, University of the Arts, Elephant & Castle – Trinity Const.
- Fire barrier Stud Wall/Cavity fill, East Park, Exeter University – Vinci Construction.