Redplug has developed a track record of installing Rockwool blown products to mitigate fire spread on a range of projects and many successful, retrofitted installations have been undertaken to help gain LABC approval where previously they had failed.
Ultimately, our solutions are not perceived to be a replacement to any of Rockwool’s existing fire barrier products but to be a complimentary and cost-effective solution which includes a logical, standardised, and practical solution to initiate a satisfactory and usable remedy.
To build on the projects completed to date we are about to embark on a programme of full UKAS accreditation for our blown Rockwool cavity barrier service including a full range of passive cavity fire barrier tests.
Once we have achieved accreditation, we plan to become members of the Association of Specialist Fire Protection using our own certified, trademarked passive fire barrier systems to complete our offering to the fire prevention industry, designers, building owners and contractors. This process is likely to conclude in Q1 2021.
Redplug has completed a range of fire barrier installations and a non-exhaustive sample of successful projects has been included below which is in addition to a growing pipeline of orders for a number of blue-chip organisations:
- Fire spread through service shafts/voids – Whitworth Art Gallery – University of Manchester/ISG Group
- Fire spread through 140mm concrete/OSB cavity partition/party walls – Royal Wharf – Ballymore Group
- Fire spread through service shafts – Retail development – Charlotte Street, London – Bennett Construction
- Fire spread through steel door frames – 4th floor/underground machine room – Crossrail/Tottenham Court Road Station/Laing O’Rouke
- Fire spread filling of heat transfer void – Energy from Waste Facility – Devonport Dockyard – Plymouth CC – Massey Cladding Solutions/Bristol.
- Filling of 40m high ventilation shaft/cavity void – Mace/Crossrail – Hanover Square London.
- Fire barrier cavity fill, Pollard Const. Coates House, Nailsea. Avon.
- Cladding fill and fire barrier, Regent Hose, Basildon – London Green.
- Fire barrier cavity fill, Sheenlane Developments. Becketts and Caxton House, Ilford.
- Fire spread through 400mm brick/OSB cavity party walls – Student accommodation, Derby Rd, Nottingham – J A Ball Const.
Fire barrier cavity fill, Sheenlane Developments. Quadrant House, Redhill. Surrey.